Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ironman Louisville

After a 5 week rest, with just a touch of training, it was time for another Ironman. Ironman Louisville. The day topped out at 96 degrees with a ton of humidity. Not the most pleasant day. It was a bit of a sufferfest through an 85 degree river swim. super hot bike coarse, and deadly run. I was able to grunt it out for a rather slow IM finish, but I still managed to slide into 7th place. That happens to be my best finish at an Ironman event, so I was pretty jazzed up about that. My new hair cut and I enjoyed the finishing shoot this time ( I asked if anybody was coming behind me first!) then it was back to medical for me. It was a hot race, but a good trip! Now it is a little down time before deciding what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment