Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bike Nutrition

I had my first long ride today after Ironman Louisville. My coach told me specifically to remember to eat like race day. I had forgotten how important this is on long rides! I had to run off the bike, so I wanted to be especially careful. I use a mix of powerbar bars, and gels. I stick to gels in the middle of hard efforts, and towards the end of the ride. This is so that my stomach is ready to run. Caffeine works for me, so I use the double latte gels. It is a personal preference, but I like the caffeine, and the flavor! I was able to end my ride strong, and run well off the bike. It is amazing what proper fueling can do! Thanks coach for reminding me of things I should know, and thanks powerbar for digesting so well. Rides like that give me the confidence I need to know I can ride hard at Ironman Arizona, and be fueled up to run fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment