Monday, June 25, 2012

Flat

The bachelorette wine tour!
No, not my tires. My Legs. That is the Long and the short of my Syracuse Race Recap.  I had a poor start on the swim, due to a last minute emergency. Luckily my Zoot Wetsuit slipped on and off and on again like a glove! After the swim we charged up a 10 mile climb. Joseph Major came around me, and I thought oh this seems manageable...for about 30 seconds. Unfortunately the same thing happened when Angela Naeth went around me about 10 miles later. This left me in no mans land behind the group I wanted to be running with. This lead me down a long road of negative thought, and slow running. On the plus side, I get to throw it out there the next two weekends as well! I hope I can shake off the flat feeling and really give it a go soon. The highlight of Syracuse was the support crew. I was rolling deep with local family and friends at the race site. This makes even the most lack luster performance FUN! That is why we race triathlon, right?


My Grandmother, constant Inspiration 


The Family Flying V
The real reason I am in Central New York is family and fun. On Saturday my sister became a wife. My girlfriend Amy, cousin Natalie, and I flew in from Arizona to add a little life to the party! Which we did, the wedding was a great time. It was amazing to see so many family and friends all together sharing memories and new stories. My gramma Vondracek did some serious dancing, when I commented on her skills she said, "Jesse, Always Have Fun."





Local Star Status












No comments:

Post a Comment