Thursday, June 10, 2010

Narrow Gauge Triathlon

My first triathlon of the year took place a few months ago, and put me on the injured list for quite some time. I am finally back in action and started out the season, for real this time! I was able to snag a second place finish in the Narrow Gauge Triathlon. It was a stage triathlon, based on cumulative time over three days. The first was a 50 mile road race over two mountain passes. I am no road racer, but it was a beautiful day, and fun to try something new. My legs were trashed for the ten mile run the following day. I managed a PR, but not by much, and the legs felt heavy! The last day was a 1500 meter swim. I was also racing a Time Trial that day, which made me miss my heat, and do the swim solo with no warm up. Not the ideal race conditions, but again I narrowly managed a PR. The three combined made up the triathlon. It was a tough three days, but a great way to kick off summer, and the tri season!

No comments:

Post a Comment